ACF is established in Sierra Leone since 1991, implementing nutrition, food security and livelihoods, WASH and mental health interventions. Throughout the period, ACF has done large scale emergency programming and transition into development programme to improve the nutritional and health status of the populations.
In view of maximizing synergies between the two countries, Sierra Leone and Liberia operations are clustered under a single management.
In Sierra Leone, ACF operates in East Freetown and Moyamba, in Liberia ACF operates in Bong, Bomi, Grand Cape Mount and Montserrado.
The position is based in Freetown, Sierra Leone with travelling to the operational areas in both Sierra Leone and Liberia.
The main objectives are :
The CD is responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the 2 country strategy and the growth of program portfolio that effectively addresses the underlying causes and effects of malnutrition in line with ACF's values (Charter), Programming Principles, and Strategy.
S/he must also ensure that systems / procedures are in place and being properly implemented, and that they ensure the proper management, well being and safety of ACF staff, and the proper use of ACF resources.
The CD must build on best practices previously developed on the mission
The CD must create a shared vision among all staff. S/he is responsible for promoting ACF Charter and ensuring an organizational culture where ACF core values are embedded, team work is encouraged and all staff feels valued.
S/he is responsible for establishing and maintaining good working relationships with host government officials, donors and other partners.
Line managed by the Desk Officer and in compliance with ACF standards, the Country Director is decision maker on the following key issues:
- Implementation of country strategy
- Definition of mission’s organizational chart
- Recruitment of expatriates
- Proposals and donors’ reports
- Management of the field structure budget
- Respect of the ACF Charter
- Prevention of frauds and Power Abuses
The 2 country strategy prepared by the Country Director is validated at HQ level.
Evaluation and audit processes are implemented by ACF HQ to ensure the compliance of the mission activities in the country with ACF standards.
The main responsabilities :
The CD is responsible for implementing a sound and relevant delegation system (with appropriate control mechanisms), which will allow him / her to be accountable for all the following responsibilities:
- Strategic and operational planning, organizational performance: lead the preparation, updating, implementation of the Country strategy appropriate for the country and regional context and in line with the ACF vision and mission.
- Programming: oversee mission’s programming to ensure the effective and efficient design, implementation and evaluation of ACF's programs and projects.
- External relations and partnerships: develop and enhance relationships between the mission and donors’ representatives, civil society, private sector, government agencies and other organizations, acknowledging diversity as an asset of the humanitarian community, so that ACF can maximize its impact on malnutrition and its prevention.
- Security: lead the preparation, regular updating and implementation of the security plan in line with ACF standards and procedures.
- Management and Human Resources: oversee the management and development of mission’s human resources and create a shared vision, among all staff, of ACF's values and program's aims and their role in achieving these.
- Finance and Logistics: oversee and direct the appropriate mobilization, use and management of financial and logistic resources in the mission in line with ACF policies and donor requirements.
- Working relationships with HQ: key actor between the field and HQ, the Country Director contributes to maintain good working relationships with HQ by complying with information demands and using HQ’s expertise to optimize the country’s strategy implementation.
Requested profile :
- You hold a Master' s degree in development / humanitarian aid, international relations or a field relevant to ACF expertize (WASH, FSL, nutrition / health, MHCP)
- You have at least 5 years of project management experience in international NGOs
- You present leadership and management skills in a complex international setting
- You have extensive knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian coordination mechanism and knowledge of main ACF sectors of intervention: WASH, FSL, MHCP, nutrition
- You have an extensive experience of grant management and development and knowledge of the main donors policy and requirements, as well as strategic planning and program design and development
- You have understanding of different methodologies of monitoring and evaluation and experience in developing MEAL systems
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken) Requested profile :
- Experience based salary
- Retrocession of retirement benefits for non-French employees
- Food and hygiene + per diem monthly allowance
- Transportation costs covered + break allowance and transportation to break area every 3 months
- Accommodation covered
- Medical insurance 100% coverage + repatriation insurance.
- 25 days of paid leaves and 20 RnRs (rest and recuperation days) per year.
- Family posting