Purpose of the position
The Country Director is responsible for the programmes and activities of ZOA in Liberia within the framework of ZOA’s Policy- and Business Plan and agreed Country Annual Plan.
Tasks, responsibilities, results
- The Country Director is the legal representative of ZOA in Liberia
- Overall Leadership and Management of the ZOA organisation in the Liberia
- Formulation and implementation of the Country Annual Plan
- Programme formulation, development, implementation, and supervision
- Project Cycle Management, including formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, writing, fundraising, monitoring, and reporting
- Human Resource Management for all staff
- Maintaining relationships with all relevant actors in country
- Supervision and control of the administrative and financial organisation
- Participate in organisation wide programme and knowledge development
- Security planning & management responsibilities
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- University graduate
- At least five years of cross cultural experience
- At least five years of relevant management experience in an international setting
- Good spoken and written command of English
- Command of operations
- Conceptual and writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Organisational sensitivity
- Participative leadership
- Staff development
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment
- Frequent field visits/work and travels are required
- This location is a family station
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Charity van Bemmel HR Officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website. CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.