Organisation: FACE for Children in Need
Position: Country Director, Egypt (Deadline to apply: 15th March 2019)
FACE for Children in Need is a Belgian NGO (founded in 2003) and a leading Child Protection organisation in Cairo, Egypt with the mission to protect and support orphans, abandoned children, children in need of protection, street children, their families and communities. This is achieved by 180 local staff and a small support/administrative HQ team based in Belgium through two main Programs:
The Family Program is composed of four centers for orphans, abandoned children and children in need of protection, and of a family/kafala team aiming at supporting children to prepare their placement into family care and alternative family care, and at supporting Egyptian authorities to improve the system of placement into alternative family care (Kafala) in Egypt.
The Street Children Program is composed of an outreach team, a day drop in center, a transitional home, a case management/reintegration team, an education team and a medical team.
Job Title: Country Director
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Reports to: FACE Executive Director and Program Coordinator in Headquarter (HQ)
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Director and International Program Coordinator (HQ based), the Country Director provides effective leadership and management to FACE staff and other stakeholders to undertake FACE’s role in supporting children, youth and their families in consistency with FACE’s Vision, Mission and Strategic objectives.
The Country Director has overall responsibility and leadership to ensure the relevance, impact and cost-effectiveness of FACE programs in Egypt. The Country Director represents FACE in the country, guiding a relevant program strategy implementation, leading operational activities/services, and overseeing operations, financial and human resource management, including the safety and security of all FACE staff in Egypt.
- Leadership / team management and supervision
- Provide effective leadership and management to FACE managers and field team members.
- Supervise the administrative/finance team, and the Human Resource manager.
- Facilitate smooth communication with headquarter and with team members and manage conflict solving when needed.
- Ensure that FACE complies with all human resources and other sorts of legal requirements.
Planning and Implementation
- Responsible to monitor all field activities and teams and ensure the quality of services in all projects/programs.
- Consult with the Executive Director/HQ to prepare long-term strategic plans (logical framework) and annual implementation plans.
- Prepare annual implementation plan and budget in collaboration with HQ team and Financial Director in Cairo, and midyear review planning workshop.
- Ensure that child protection procedures are strictly implemented and effectively followed - Ensure that all FACE staff act in accordance with the Egyptian Law and FACE’s Child Protection Policy.
- Keep up to date on international developments in the field of child care/welfare/protection and advocate for family and community based models on a national level.
Administrative and finance supervision
- Ensure that appropriate finance/admin/HR/logistics procedures are maintained in accordance with FACE procedures and donor guidelines.
- Guarantee transparency of funds use and of all programmatic expenditures
- Give approval for expenses when required based on donor procedures and FACE internal procedures.
- Participate in the design and approval of new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and monthly budget follow-up analysis
Relations with Government, donors and stakeholders
- Represent FACE in Egypt with all relevant stakeholders: local/national authorities, local and international donor agencies and with NGO partners.
- Participate in the identification of new donors and follow up applications with new and current donors in Egypt with the support of HQ team.
- Ensure smooth communication with all donors is maintained (in collaboration and with support of HQ team and fundraiser).
Reporting and communication
- Be responsible for regular reporting on the projects activities.
- Ensure that teams submit reports in a timely and qualified manner.
- Supervise the drafting of donor reports and of narrative, financial, intermediary and final reports with the support of HQ team.
- Work in close coordination with HQ on the communication and advocacy to ensure consistent and relevant external communication.
- University/Master Degree in the field of Social work, Child Protection, Development or Education.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a development organization, with high-level leadership roles.
- Extensive experience in project cycle management, M&E mechanisms, human resources management, Team manager with strong leadership.
- Strong ability to engage with donors, partners, and other local/international stakeholders.
- Experience in partnership development with local/national Egyptian authorities (in particular: Ministry of Social Solidarity, National Council for Childhood and Motherhood) and civil society organizations to influence policy and strategic directions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex budgets, develop staff, and work with executive management on both short and long term strategic planning.
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills.
- Fluency in English/Arabic, strong written and spoken English/Arabic language skills and ability to communicate the Mission and Vision of the organization well in both languages.
- Work environment: Office-based (Maadi-Cairo) with frequent travel to the field in Greater Cairo. Ability to travel abroad (very occasionally).