Closing Date for Applications:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kathmandu, Nepal.
As Country Director, you are responsible for managing the impact oriented Welthungerhilfe (WHH) country program. In doing so you take into consideration the overall WHH strategy and mandate and ensure adherence to WHH quality standards. You will be the teamleader of the national and expat staff members. Furthermore you are responsible for a sound financial management of the allocated funds as well as for the acquisition of additional funding. In addition you will take over responsibility for security management to assure the safety and security of your employees, projects and the whole organisation.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the country programme
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate the country programme with local decision-makers and with other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the country
- Acquisition of donor funds on location and international coordination with the Head Office
- Responsibility for expatriate and national project staff, and in particular responsibility for compliance with local security regulations
- Maintenance and expansion of cooperation with national and international partners
- Secure the conceptual further development of Welthungerhilfe's commitment in Nepal
- Regular exchange of information with the Head Office in Bonn and other Regional Offices
- Observe, analyse and report on relevant trends in the programme country and the neighbouring areas
- Elaborate and ensure a preparedness plan for disasters and potential crises on the basis of country specific situation
- A university degree, for example in International Development Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid, Management, Geography or Agricultural Sciences
- At least 10 years of project management experience and relevant leadership experience in international humanitarian aid and development co-operation, preferably in the region
- Relevant knowledge of German, European and UN donor environment
- Excellent HR Management skills Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- Cultural sensitivity
- Experience in security/crisis management
- Experience working with partner organizations
- A very good command of English, both spoken and written, proficiency in German language would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".