ABOUT THE MISSION
The SI mission has been opened in February 2017, with emphasis on the Mosul response.
The mission is composed of one Coordination in Erbil (6 expatriates and 8 national staff) and one operational base in Mosul (1 expatriate and 23 national staff).
Regarding the evolution of the context, the mission will aim at keeping an early recovery WaSH component with ongoing research for development of new areas in line with the shift of context that entail wave of return movements to newly secured area. Simultaneously, as some camp will remain at less until 2020, being a key actor in wash in camps is a process already launched through the consortia.
SI is currently the lead of one OCHA IHF-funded WASH consortium in Iraq providing wash services in and out of camps. For SI activities are:
- Water trucking in Muhalabiyah (rural villages in Mosul district, 1,5 hour from Mosul SI Base).
- Waste management in Muhalabiyah
- Network rehabilitation in Mosul city
ABOUT THE JOB
- Represent the organization in country toward partners, donors and local authorities.
- Ensure the smooth running of the mission.
- Ensure development and implementation of the mission strategy, and positioning in Iraq based on geopolitical and humanitarian context.
- Mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for the programs to run effectively and supervises the administration of these resources.
- Monitors projects, ensuring that they are progressing in accordance with the Solidarités International charter and complying with internal and contractual procedures.
- Coordinates the teams in place and ensures their security on the mission.
- Direct liaison with Solidarités International HQ.
Specific stakes and challenges
- Contextual and security analysis in country
- Actively seek for funding and cooperation opportunities in Iraq competitive environment; ensure low financial risk of operations, continuation of program and possible expansion in terms of geographical areas and sectors
- Develop stakeholder analysis, develop and maintain strong relation with donors,
- Ensure access to intervention areas
- Readjust the operational strategy according to contextual evolutions, and maintain a strong internal coordination with SI mission in Syria.
- Systematization of compliance to internal regulations rules
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Ensure continuation of program and funding
- Understand the articulation of Iraq mission with Syria mission
- Priorizing the efforts to be done in terms of compliance at mission level
More than 3 years of professional humanitarian experience at senior management level.
Specific required skills
- Proven ability to develop a strategy
- Representation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fundraising, grants management experience is highly desirable
- Anticipation, decision taking and initiative capacities
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Previous experience in Iraq and/or Middle East
- Experience in development and/or early recovery environment is highly desirable
- Good knowledge on project management cycle, from the design to the monitoring
Good and proven writing and spoke English are required (Arabic/French is an asset)