Islamic Relief, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
We are currently recruiting for Country Director based in Mali to lead and manage operations of IRW Mali.
As Country Director you will be responsible for Country Programme development, management, monitoring and Strategy development, supervision of staff, office and management procedures. As part of the program development, the successful candidate is expected to examine the funding situation and solicit funding for programmes.
- He/she will also be accountable to ensure all aspects of programs are implemented in compliance with grant agreements, budgets and in accordance to schedule in addition to overseeing all aspects of IRW’s presence.
- The Country Director will be responsible for managing a team of about 50 staff. You will be monitoring risk management and ensuring compliance & quality improvement of the country programme.
- In addition, you will be reviewing and reporting the progress of finances (with a budget of £2m) to IRW head quarters and to project donors.
- The successful candidate will require a post graduate Degree with knowledge of Community Development, Social Protection, Food Security, Urban Poverty and a track record of working with INGO’s in developing countries in rehabilitation, development and emergency contexts. He/she will also need to have experience in budgeting, balance-sheet management, designing and implementing project proposals and concepts.
- It is essential that the successful candidate is fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The knowing of Arabic and the local language is desirable.
- The job holder should have previous knowledge and experience of fundraising from and dealing with EC, ECHO, UN and DFID. In addition, in depth knowledge of overseas management experience with an International NGOs is essential
- National candidates are encouraged to apply but will only receive the salary not benefits.
- If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below and forward the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date.
- If you agree with IR values together with our Policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and our code of conduct, then you would be an ideal candidate for Islamic Relief, who promotes equality and meritocracy. IRW will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf.
- Applicants should be sympathetic to the principles of Islamic Relief
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No CVs.
- Islamic Relief operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.