Job Description There is a high preference to hire a local national for this position. The Country Director or Representative will serve as the Chief Representative and Fiduciary Officer for PCI India. S/he will lead the organization’s integrated development program portfolio which includes health interventions, health systems strengthening, community mobilization, and services to vulnerable children and youth. The responsibilities consist of leading with a vison and inspiring the high-quality team of PCI-India to continue to excel through strategic management practices, innovations, strategic thinking and commitment to transform lives of the most vulnerable. The Country Director or Representative will effectively link with PCI’s donors and partners; and align with Government of India’s development initiatives. The responsibility includes increasing PCI’s portfolio in India by accessing resources to develop cutting-edge development programs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive PCI India’s program through visioning, strategic analysis and strategic management practices.
- Inspire PCI’s high-quality team to action through critical self-examination, facilitating innovations, scaling up best practices and harnessing strengths of the team.
- Lead in shaping PCI India based on PCI’s core values, organizational excellence priorities and gold standards.
- Negotiate on behalf of the people we serve and PCI to implement the best possible strategies to transform the lives of the most vulnerable.
- Lead in organizational representation of PCI’s strengths, successes and potential to internal and external stakeholders through skillful communication approaches.
- Manage national and state level relationships by strengthening and building partnerships with stakeholders.
- Provide strategic leadership in community mobilization to achieve measurable results rapidly and sustainably.
- Provide supervisory level technical leadership in health systems strengthening, vulnerable children and youth programs, and women empowerment.
- Utilize strategic analytical skills to strengthen current management practices to achieve optimum levels of program quality.
- Add value to the continuous improvement process to reduce deficiencies and to develop replicable and scalable program approaches and tools.
- Lead by coordinating and mentoring senior managers to strengthen their competencies to plan efficiently; pre-empt and manage opportunities and risks; excel in quality; and manage technical teams.
- Participate in strategic conversations with donors and partners to enhance program quality.
- Conduct field visits to evaluate efficiency of project strategies and PCI’s team capacity to deliver impact.
Financial and Administrative Management
- Lead in establishing financial stability of PCI India through financial planning, budget management, scenario planning
- Avoid and manage risks ensuring adherence to polices and processes; Government regulations and coordinating internal and external audits
- Ensure timely and efficient coordination between finance, program and PCI International Office Teams
- Coordinate financial negotiations with donors and partners
Human Resource Management
- Ensure recruitment, onboarding, coaching and performance appraisal in a timely and organized manner and adhering to PCI’s gold standards.
- Lead in providing enabling environment for the PCI team to do their best in their work.
- Lead in harnessing skills of PCI team with systems such as Senior Management Team, quarterly progress review, annual retreats, and General Body meetings of PCI-India.
- Ensure efficient functioning of peer and supervisor feedback systems; whistle blower system, communication protocol and others.
Resource and Program Growth
- Develop annual growth plan based on an environmental analysis and lead in implementing the plan.
- Lead in developing a network of donors, Government agencies and partners to grow PCI’s portfolio.
- Develop strong relationship with CSR donors to fund PCI’s legacy program.
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically (approximately 30%).
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post Graduate degree (preferably public health, or international relations, or development studies) and 10+ years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role, at similar level within organization. Multi-country and multi-donor experience including Foundations would be an advantage.
- 5+ years’ experience in the strategic leadership, partner and consortium management, analytics, monitoring and evaluation of complex programs in the technical areas such as community health, health systems strengthening, community mobilization and women empowerment. Experience in providing technical support to State Governments would be an advantage.
- Experience in India strongly preferred. Knowledge of Hindi would also be an advantage. Hiring a local national is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in results based management, innovation, people management, and leading highly skilled technical teams. Being a specialist in one of the PCI-India’s program areas would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in proposal development including strategy development, design, impact planning. Skills in technical writing would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of financial management and internal controls in a development environment
- Experience developing new sources of funding from a variety of public and private sources,
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; influencing and marketing skills presentation skills; and report writing skills. Alignment with PCI’s core values is a necessary condition.
Job Location: New Delhi, , India
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular