Country Finance Manager
Plan International, Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
The Country Finance Manger is a member of the Country Management Team (CMT) will provide financial leadership, management and oversight of Plan Thailand’s finances including accounting, reporting and treasure functions. He/she will give financial inputs and review the entire Plan International Thailand budget (around 3 million Euro annually), take part in transition processes, and provide CO management with information and data that will allow sound business decisions.
- Maintenance of financial reports. Keep the financial records of Plan Thailand up to date by analyzing and overseeing the recording of transactions in Plan’s Accounting software. Complete year end, monthly and quarterly reporting processes; oversee the timely and accurate production of a range of reports; provide advice on actions required as a result of analysis of the reports.
- Budgeting and Fiscal accountability. Lead the process to establish and actively revise budgets; monitoring budget spending; advise senior management on any significant variations as they arise and propose remedial action if required.
- Cash management. Review of bank reconciliations and fund requests monitoring and managing the effective and efficient use of resources.
- Grants reporting. Work with Program staff to complete financial grants reports making sure that they are aligned to donor requirements; ensure grant processes are kept up to date; oversee and reconcile the grants tracking system.
- Ensure that Plan Thailand is meeting all its legal and statutory requirements.
- Tailor standardized internal financial controls processes. Ensure that disbursements are proper and timely; manage advances to third parties; perform financial assessments of partners; ensure internal financial control processes, procedures and systems are in place; support the management in managing risk.
Qualifications and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in finance , accounting, or internal control with at least 3 years at the management level
- CPA is desirable
- Experience working for an international organization is an advantage
- Strong management skills
- Analytical skills
- Risk management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, advance excel, spreadsheet, database, internet, accounting software
- Good English skills