Country Funding Coordinator (RE ADVERT) (INT3843)
Oxfam, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for development and implementation of fundraising strategy and activities;
- Managing existing significant processes.
- Support to management of multi sectoral projects at unit/sub-unit level.
- Matrix management of staff and/or volunteers.
- Management of limited expenditure budget.
- Resolve diverse problems with impact in defined area.
- Problems are not repetitive, but not totally novel.
- Recommending changes to processes.
- Collate information from a wide range of well-defined sources.
- Specific technical/professional knowledge of their area from formal training and/or work experience.
- Plans work up to one year ahead.
- Frequent internal/external negotiation
Skills and Competence:
- Relevant experience in fundraising from institutional and multilateral donors in particular from DFID, European Commission, Europe and others in USA and Canada (E)
- Experience in raising funds from Corporations and/or large trusts and foundations nontraditional donors (D)
- Experience in complex programmatic approaches, ability to absorb approaches quickly and deliver in accordance to strategic focus (E)
- Ability to work effectively with others influencing, supporting, following as required in order to achieve fundraising targets
- In depth understanding of the political context of major donors and their policies (E)
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising (E)
- Ability to produce clear and timely written proposals and reports for donors
- Strong project management skills and experience and ability to contribute to unit and cross-departmental projects
- Ability to represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions (E)
- Good numeracy and financial skills (E)
- Gender knowledge and cultural sensitivity with a strong commitment and understanding of the values and principles of Oxfam (E)
- Problem-solving skills on diverse, non-routine problems (E).
- Effective people management where applicable and able to motivate others (E).
- Influencing/negotiating skills with peers and external contacts (e.g. donors) (E).
- Willingness and ability to travel within Tajikistan
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, fluency in English (E)
- Knowledge of Russian and/or Tajik (D)
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment (D)
- Useful Information
This is a readvertisement and so applicants who have already applied for the role do not need to resubmit their application.
Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development.
Due to the urgency of this role, we may be reviewing CVs and interviewing candidates in advance of the closing date. For this reason, interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.