International Finance Corporation(IFC), Tirana, Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Represent IFC vis-a-vis the Government, donor and business community. Maintain strong relationships with key ministries, agencies, and business community. Ensure that the Government, international and business community have awareness of IFC’s products and value addition, including investment and advisory products and the standards and requirements.
- Ensure IFC representation/involvement at key private sector and public sector events and meetings as appropriate, and ensure dissemination of information to relevant staff within IFC.
- In cooperation with regional management and regional strategist, support development and execution of the country strategy. Report on IFC activities in the country for management.
- Develop partnership with WB Country Office, Country Manager, and project teams to achieve WBG country goals, including input on Private Sector Development. Identify and encourage opportunities for cooperation within WBG.
- Lead business development for investment projects, engage in project financial analysis with investment teams as an integral member for investment and support portfolio teams for the life of the project. Participate in missions, concept review meetings, and appraisal of projects.
- Liaise with IFC investment teams to monitor progress and performance of projects and to solve potential problems. Identify and help address key country and sponsor reputational risks.
- Oversee advisory projects including approval/ no-objection for selection memos, cooperation agreements, MOUs, Advisory Service Agreements, Integrity Due Diligence of clients, and press releases. Develop links between WBG Global Practices where IFC contributes and IFC Advisory projects to deliver outcomes. Ensure dissemination of key project information on achievements and events.
- Support business development for advisory services projects. Identification of potential partners, projects, and donors.
- Oversee gathering of information on sectors, trends, and terms of domestic and international investment.
- Support development of overall country office communications strategy and supervise communications analyst.
- Maintain responsibility for all office administration, security, business continuity, and country office funds for the IFC office, including management of ACS, security, and shared staff. Participation with World Bank Country Manager in UN Security Management Team. Hold regular staff meetings. Lead on office arrangements including budgeting and logistic.
- Seven or more years of professional experience in banking, auditing, relationship management in public and/or private sector//technical advisory services particularly related to private sector development and/or business environment;
- Professional or educational background in investment/financial analysis and/or business operations;
- Advanced degree in business, economics, law, public administration or related field;
- Excellent relationships in the business community and in Government;
- Solid understanding of key factors in IFC investment decision making to identify potential projects and marketing of IFC products
- Strong analytical skills with ability to take initiative;
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent English and Albanian written and oral communication skills.