Country Program Director
World Vision , Sao Paulo, Brazil
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Purpose of the Country Program Director position is to Collaborate and coordinate in conjunction with Cluster Director and team all aspects of World Vision Ministry in Brazil with a focus on ensuring national relevance and impact by the implementation of programming, advocacy, sustainability and positioning and also ensuring organizational alignment to global strategy and regional priorities.
This role is responsible of Co-leading and strengthening the team (with the participation of Cluster Director and team), specially its leadership, for appropriate and timely decision making and risk & opportunities identification and management.
Collaborative Model and Twin Citizenship:
- Act as a Twin Citizen ensuring that the NO participates in regional and global processes and decisions and allocates resources and talent where most needed in the country, region or Partnership.
- Contribute to the Partnership, understand its systems and priorities, act as a global leader and a Twin Citizen.
- Represent WV and engage and build strategic alliances with the Governments, major donor agencies, local donors, WV Partnership, non-governmental agencies, churches and media.
- Ensure WV is positioned as a leading NGO in promoting the well-being and rights of children within the country to develop public and stakeholders’ confidence and trust.
- Ensure that the National Offices (NOs) appropriate contribution and engagement in Cluster´s strengthening.
- Lead the National Strategy so that it be executed based on times established for the compliance of the Our Promise.
- Facilitate and be accountable for the execution and monitoring of strategies and plans of functions.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in integrated operations with internal and external stakeholders and ensure fluid and successful change management around integrated operations.
- Promote WV’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and key Partnership Standards and Practices among the staff and partners and ensure these are the core foundation of the National Office strategy and work.
- Lead (with the support of the Cluster Director) the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and ensure diverse representation on the leadership team.
- Strong focus on leadership and people management, ensuring the most capable and qualified staff members are in place to implement office strategy and operational plans.
- Lead and manage the team in a way that facilitates a high performance culture focused on delivery of impact; open trustworthy relationships centered on reconciliation; learning and development; good stewardship and integrity; servant leadership; staff and asset safety in fragile contexts; agility and continuous improvement; and gender/age/ethnic diversity.
- Lead the SLT to model living our faith with boldness and humility through a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships.
- Implement intentional capacity building for local staff, ensuring successor building is prioritized by all areas.
- Lead change management according to internal policies an external market practices in a way that change projects are implemented timely with timely and clear communication and staff engagement.
- Ensure the implementation of the National Office Sustainability Plan
- Lead the alignment of marketing and programming for coordinated design and promotion of products and programs.
- Ensure the leadership or participation of the NO in Cluster´s sustainability strategy, plan or initiatives
- Lead external communications and ensure WV Brasil appropriate positioning
- Support GAM's efforts in managing local income growth through the Development of National Resources
Stewardship Excellence and Governance:
- Promote and model high level of transparency, integrity and zero tolerance to fraud.
- Ensure efficient and effective organizational practices that result in successful financial and operational audit scores.
- Ensure and oversee proper mechanisms for Child and Adult Safeguarding and other WVI standards and principles implementation.
- Assess, develop, mitigate and manage risks to office operations, staff, assets and programs.
- Ensure organizational compliance to Government standards and laws for WV operations.
- Ensure NO appropriate accountability.
- Participate in governance engagement following the orientation from Cluster Director.
- Ensure the follow-up and fulfillment of the Board resolutions.
- Ensure core programming models and systems are in place so that projects are managed on time and on budget in achieving the desired impact on Child Well Being (CWB).
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and accountability through compliance with World Vision policies and standards and international standards for emergency response, disaster mitigation, rehabilitation and development.
- Ensure that the field office functions in a contextualized, complementary, sensitive and cohesive manner.
- Ensure adequate compliance with country plans and their respective reporting through KPIs and current global systems.
- Ensure that systems are in place so that projects are managed on time and on budget to achieve the desired impact on the well-being of children.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree in Management, Social Sciences or equivalent.
- At least 5 years senior management experience.
- Sound and proven experience in programming and business or/and fund raising with ambitious targets.
- Experience working with external partners in a local context.
- English and Spanish are a must additionally to Portuguese as native or fluent.