This role sits within World Vision UK’s Fragile States and Emergency Response Team and seeks to impact the lives of the most vulnerable children. By working with World Vision Field Offices, this role will ensure good quality grant acquisition and management and that programmes are adapted to the country context and respond to the risks that children face. The post holder will be mainly working with the DRC and Syria Field Offices with some flexibility to cover other portfolios where necessary.
An excellent understanding of the humanitarian and development sector and experience of programme management in fragile states is required, to support our Field Offices to implement high quality programmes. Significant experience of key humanitarian or development donors is essential, together with proven ability to acquire and manage grants effectively. You will need to have good coordination skills to collaborate with colleagues in the UK office and overseas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and building relationships with various institutional donors to acquire funding for selected countries.
- Acquiring institutional grant funded programmes in your portfolio of countries by working with World Vision Field Offices to engage with donors and use evidence of needs to build strong proposals that deliver maximum impact for the most vulnerable children.
- Managing institutional grant funded programmes by working with World Vision Field Offices to build their capacity and effectively monitor programme implementation.
- Analysing, mitigating, and managing risks within your countries' programme portfolio.
- Coordinating and building excellent relationships with various teams in World Vision UK and World Vision Field Offices to ensure that programmes are of high quality, are aligned to the needs, and meet humanitarian standards.
- Monitoring emerging and potential risks facing children and their families within your countries’ portfolio and seeking to deliver appropriate preparedness or early response actions with World Vision Field Offices.
- Managing WVUK’s involvement in WFP grants with World Vision Field Offices, including managing the portfolio, preparing agreements, monitoring implementation and quality, managing the recording of commodity statements and settlement advices.
- Collaborating with other World Vision UK teams to engage the public (including churches) and the UK government on fundraising, awareness raising, campaigns and advocacy related to your designated fragile states, by sharing evidence from your programmes, success stories, learning, and relevant information with others.
The role requires international travel for up to 25% of the year and knowledge of French is desirable.
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, generous holiday entitlement and free parking (MK only).