Country Project Managers
ICRISAT, Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
The role of the Country Project Manager will include:
- Project management in the country where the scientist is based (Mali, Nigeria or Ghana)
- Participate in developing and implementing annual work plan and budget
- Liaise with partner’ institutions in the project target countries (Mali, Nigeria, Ghana) and monitor overall implementation of activities with partners
- Liaise and coordinate with the USAID country mission office
- Coordinate and aggregate data collected during the project implementation
- Analyze data, prepare and submit regular reports to the senior project Manager
- Contribute in preparing regular financial report with Finance office at ICRISAT
- Help in organizing workshop/meetings as and when needed
- PhD in Agricultural extension, Rural Development, Seed technology, agricultural economics, Agricultural Sciences, agronomy, farming systems, natural resources management, plant breeding or related disciplines;
- At least 5 years of experience in agricultural advisory service provision/extension, community-driven development, rural livelihoods, technology exchange, institutional development, gender and poverty analysis with relevant work experience in developing countries.
- Good skills in participatory action research and smallholder farming systems in West Africa, and the use of research to achieving development outcomes;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks with diverse multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and excellent writing skills, and ability to publish in peer reviewed international journals;
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English are essential for the three countries. Fluency in French is highly desirable for Mali.
- Have a high sense of initiative within the defined prerogatives.
- This is an internationally recruited staff (IRS) position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The contract will be initially for a period of two years and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered to the right candidate.
How to apply:
- Applicants should apply on or before January 20th, 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff. ICRISAT has a flexible approach to international appointments and welcomes dual-career couples.
To Apply Visit