Job Purpose :
- Be responsible for developing and implementing Oxfam Solidarity’s Country engagement strategy within an agreed portfolio of countries (regions) / programmes. This includes:
- Develop and implement Oxfam Solidarity’s Country engagement strategy, including setting up systems for managing and tracking relationships with Oxfam Country teams
- Actively contribute to the exploration and identification of opportunities where Oxfam-Solidarité can have an added value/partner affiliate offer
- Overseeing the management and delivery of Oxfam Solidarity -supported/funded programmes and projects in Oxfam Country Offices and ensuring they are implemented in accordance with Oxfam’s internal programme quality standards by organizing relevant support
- Leading learning and knowledge sharing on programmes/projects within the agreed portfolio countries with Oxfam Solidarity, the regions where we work and through global Oxfam networks.
Key Responsabilities :
Country engagement Strategy & Coordination
- Develop and implement Oxfam Solidarity’s country engagement strategy within an agreed portfolio of countries in coordination with the thematic focal points
- Setting up systems for managing and tracking relationships with Oxfam Country teams (CRM tool)
- Participate in relevant Partner-affiliate working groups and taskforces
Oxfam Solidarité’s programme quality support
- Oversee the management and implementation of Oxfam Solidarity’s supported and funded programmes, including on time and high quality program reporting
- Coordinate the identification and provision of internal/external expertise and resources to support the implementation of Oxfam Solidarity’s -supported programmes in countries, including capacity building, where appropriate.
Technical & Influencing support:
- Create and update a database of Oxfam Solidarity technical tools, in collaboration with thematic focal points and the Quality and Organizational development lead.
- Map existing training and capacity building modules within the confederation and, in collaboration with thematic focal points, develop and test modules that correspond to country teams needs and fit specific contexts (both programmatic and advocacy)
- Reinforce strategic support to Oxfam Solidarity partner countries through providing access to discretionary funding
- Develop a strategy and procedures for Oxfam country teams access to discretionary funding
Undertake any other duties that may be delegated by the P&A Director which are in line with the scope of the role of this position.
The CRM reports directly to the P&A Department Director and Matrix-manages the Country Support focal points within each of the 3 thematic teams (active citizens for social justice, sustainable food systems and Humanitarian action and advocacy)
The CRM is expected to undertake up to ten weeks travel per year to engage with Oxfam Country Offices, monitor programme implementation and facilitate learning, and provide capacity building support. This includes travelling to areas that may be subject to conflict, natural disasters or social unrest.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in development cooperation
- Knowledge of and experience with the culture, economical and/or political contexts of the portfolio countries (see Annex 1) for this position, or other in-country programme experience in developing countries
- Experience in programme/project cycle management and result based approach
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of a broad range of development, humanitarian and advocacy issues, including an understanding of key gender issues in development and the human rights-based approach to development (HRBA)
- Knowledge and experience of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) methodologies and processes
- Familiarity with the development context and issues of portfolio countries and regions
- Proven ability to build and manage effective internal and external strategic multi-stakeholder relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate strategy
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and French. Fluency in Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese is a plus;
- Strong project management skills
- Proven capacity building skills
- Strong literacy in IT and communications technologies
- Strong interpersonal, network and team working skills Ability to work & communicate effectively with colleagues with multiple cultural and professional backgrounds, displaying cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Results orientated and able to operate in complex, networked working environments
- Organisational skills and able to work and multi-task under pressure
- Understanding and openness for other perspectives, and ability to listen and communicate effectively across cultures
- Flexible and able to adopt new styles and approaches in order to influence and bring about successful outcomes
- Able to motivate, support & develop others
- Able to facilitate change i.e. encourages others to seek and act upon opportunities
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of equity and diversity
- Commitment to the mission and values of Oxfam Solidarity