Population Services International, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
The Country Representative is responsible for the overall management and achievement of objectives for their designated PSI country platform. He/She will focus on managing overall strategic alignment, program portfolio performance, risk mitigation and donor compliance across funders and health areas. The CR will lead the PSI/Uganda Senior Management Team and reports to the Regional Representative, East and Southern Africa.
- Lead institutional development through strategic planning, program development, human resource planning and staff capacity building. Lead on sustainability approaches, market development and private sector engagement activities.
- Ensure compliance of all activities (i.e. financial, minimum standards, program quality assurance, donor regulations) and that all audit recommendations are implemented according to schedule. Proactively perform risk assessments to identify and mitigate risks, including operational, financial, legal, contractual, reputational and safety and ensure mitigation actions are implemented.
- Oversee program budgets, financial and internal controls; assure timely and accurate financial reporting as required by PSI/Washington and donors.
- Fundraise for existing and new activities and expansion of the health program’s portfolio.
- Maintain and foster strong external relations with strategic partners such as government, development partners, implementing partners and UN agencies, among others.
- Develop and enforce field office administrative policies. Promote an ethical environment in line with PSI’s values. Maintain a working culture that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion. Develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of staff and assets in all aspects of work per best practices, PSI operating standards, and field realities.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field required.
- Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field (i.e. MBA, MPA, MPH) preferred.
- At least 10 years of related experience managing budgets and international public health programs required.
- At least 5 years of experience managing people required.
- Demonstrated work experience in similar operating environments.
- Demonstrated experience in government and donor relations and collaboration.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing skills.
- Significant fundraising, personnel, operational and financial management experience preferably in complex operating environments.
- Demonstrated strengths in strategic organizational leadership;
- Experience working in fragile states and/or situations of political sensitivity.
- Demonstrated leadership and passion for building technical, management and leadership capacity.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- N.B. PSI will consider work visa sponsorship for this position [subject to legal eligibility requirements].