Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
*Starting date:** ASAP
Duration: Fixed term contract of 12 months, with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Desk officer Solidar HQ (Switzerland)
Purpose of the position
The Country Representative is responsible for overall management of
all Solidar supported projects in Pakistan, the proper use of funds and
the supervision of all Solidar staff. The duty station is in Islamabad
with regular field trips to the sub-offices in South Punjab and the
respective project sites.
· Country Programme Management: Overall
responsibility for developing and implementing the Country Program
Strategy; He/she ensures high quality programming relevant to the needs
of the target groups, that is in compliance with contractual commitments
(i.e. value for money, synergies, timeliness, use of resources) and
Solidar’s policies, guidance and procedures. He/she develops new project
proposals in collaboration with HQ and provides high quality reports in
accordance with donor requirements.
· Local Acquisition: Maximize local fundraising with
institutional donors; liaison with possible donors (ECHO, UN agencies,
SDC and others) in Pakistan, draft and write project proposals and
negotiate new funding opportunities according to the capacity and in
line with thematic focus of Solidar.
· Leadership and staff management: Develop and lead Solidar’s national team by providing leadership and guidance, supervision and performance monitoring.
· Compliance: Ensure all projects are in line with
established procedures and requirements of the Government of Pakistan.
Ensure that adequate security, administration, finance, logistic and
procurement procedures, compliant with Solidar’s global policies, are
implemented. Ensure a robust M&E system for the entire programme is
· At least 5 years of experience leading an internationalhumanitarian / development
organisation in a senior management position at national level.
· Several years of experience in managing and supervising large relief, rehabilitation and development
operations, strong thematic Know-how in DRR, WASH, livelihood, and child protection.
· A proven track record in proposal development with a range of institutional and multilateral donors (i.e. ECHO, UN agencies, etc).
· Demonstrated leadership and management skills; ability to coach and support staff and cultivate team spirit.
· Strong representation, interpersonal and negotiation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Ability to work independently with a proactive working style in a multicultural and politically sensitive environment.
· Excellence in Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Excel and Word.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position and meet our requirements, please send your application
including motivation letter, detailed CV, and contacts of 3 referees by
e-mail and with Subject “Country Representative Pakistan” before 16th of November, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pakistani nationals are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who applied earlier should not apply again.