World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people regardless of their religion, caste, gender or ethnicity. World Vision has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently works through 34 development and relief programmes in 15 Districts across the country.
At World Vision we are passionate about children and committed to bringing fullness of life to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Every day for forty years, that is what our team at World Vision has been doing.
We are currently looking for dynamic & creative individuals to join us in our journey of caring.
The purpose of the Country Security Manager (CSM) is to ensure that effective security measures for the National Office and field programs are appropriately planned for and addressed within the national context. The CSM needs to have an understanding of the complexity of the operating context and manage security risks to an acceptable level so as ensure that WV programs can be delivered effectively and safely.
The CSM is also expected to provide leadership and manage any Field Security Officers and/or Security Focal points in country.
Another purpose is for the CSM to lead in the optimization of organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by establishing security systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security.
Lead the development and implementation of the National Office security strategy to ensure the operational priorities of the national office and field officers are aligned with WV security policy.
- Provide Technical Support
- Provide Operational Support
- Provide Capacity Building
- Knowledge Management
- Quality Assurance
- Internal Liaison & Co-ordination
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Relevant Master’s degree or other advanced degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management or other management discipline
- A good network of contacts in academia, government or humanitarian security fields
- Previous experience in the professional security arena (INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services)
- At least 5 years or work related experience in the professional security, resilience, business continuity, NGO or UN working at international level with international agencies, INGO’s, governments, military, law enforcement or private sector in a leadership role
- Working knowledge of INGO security practices with proven experience in security risk assessments, security planning and crises management in the humanitarian context
- Direct application of security and risk management framework within complex NGO operating and organizational environments
- Understanding of implementing Core Security Requirements, Minimum Operating Security Standards or equivalent
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to establish effective relationships at senior levels, gain credibility and influence senior decision makers
- Solid interpersonal, negotiating and networking skills
- Good analytical (tactical & strategic), organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to influence and deliver effective organizational outcomes related to all aspects of security and risk management
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to coordinate work and interface efficiently and effectively in remote locations.
- Strong administrative skills, with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing to achieve target dates
- Must be a productive team player
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time and includes travel to high risk locations with minimal notice
- Role will require successful completion of Hostile Environment Awareness Training provided by employer
- Depending on location the position may require home based working with some
- unsociable hours due to global coverage and online meetings
- Will be expected to manage high stress security events
- Flexibility in work hours is expected