FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Key job responsibilities:
- Develop the overall strategy for the programme at a country-level and work with the Team Leader for roll up to the regional strategy.
- Oversee and manage delivery of the programme at the country level in the specific country (MY/TH/VN/MN/PH) from a technical perspective across all focus areas – NCDs, digital health, health education & training, provider performance improvement, life science initiatives, ensuring delivery of results and value for money.
- Undertake high-level stakeholder engagement (with the UK Government, partner governments (Ministries of Health, Welfare, Education, Social Development etc), service providers, industry associations, other donors etc).
- Engage with UK agencies, institutions and companies to support delivery of the programme at the country level Work closely with the Team Leader to ensure coherence with programme delivery regionally and across the PF5 countries, supporting the coherence of the program as a whole.
- Provide deep country knowledge, including of political economy and country-specific challenges.
- Manage overall engagement with the client (FCO UK) in-country.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience / skills:
- 10+ years experience in delivering similar programs, in health systems reform (preferably in the identified thematic pillars – NCDs, education and training, provider performance improvement, digital health and life sciences)
- Experience in working in SE Asia (as many of the relevant countries as possible)
- Experience working directly with governments, regulatory agencies, donors and other partners in public health and the broader healthcare sectors
- Experience working with the UK Government (DFID, FCO, DIT etc) on international projects (desirable)
Typical Physical Demands: Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.