Fundraising Nordic is part of the External Relations department. External Relations is responsible for NRC’s profile and identity, private sector fundraising, corporate partnerships, media relations, content production, internal communication, and public engagement.
Fundraising Nordic is responsible for NRC’s fundraising from individuals and from organisations, schools etc. in Norway and Sweden, as well as to drive innovative approaches to Norwegian and Swedish fundraising platforms and exploring new concepts. The Customer Service Officer will be located in Oslo, but the primary focus will be on the customer service towards Sweden.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure high quality and professional customer service for the Norwegian and Swedish markets on the phone, on e-mail and in social media
- Ensuring that all donor inquiries receive a quick and timely response, using standard templates or drafting bespoke communications as required
- Acquire and continuously stay updated on knowledge on NRC's operations and fundraising, thereby ensure correct and updated communication in all channels
- Monitor and respond to discussions and posts in NRC’s social media
- Contribute to implementing NRC's fundraising strategy and activities
- Contribute to development of guidelines, procedures and routines within fundraising
- Any other tasks and responsibilities falling under the sections mandate, as instructed by the line manager
- Ensure complaints are registered and followed up internally and with suppliers
- Register data on individual donors in CRM system
- Sending out information to new and existing donors, using standard documents or sourcing information and drafting bespoke responses as required
- Documented experience within customer relations
- Confident computer user, including maintaining data on databases
- Fluent in Swedish, both written and verbal (preferably native speaker)
- Good knowledge of Norwegian and English , both written and verbal
- Understanding of fundraising marketing
- Interest in the work of the Norwegian Refugee Council
We are looking for candidates with good people skills and the ability to work in a systematic and structured manner.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation's values. To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.