Background Information - Job-specific
The UN is continuously targeted by cyberattacks and understanding how cybersecurity may affect the ability to deliver on its mandate is essential to be able to mitigate associated risks. OICT/CSS is tasked to protect the geographically highly dispersed and diverse ICT environment of the organization from cyberattacks. In addition to the vast existing traditional infrastructure the ongoing migration of service to cloud computing providers, as well as the significantly increased reliance on mobile computing platforms poses severe challenges that require additional resources, and new and innovative approaches to ensure the organization is adequately protected. This applies to areas such as threat management, incident detection and response, vulnerability management as well as organizational resilience.
The activities of OICT/CSS focus on policy development and oversight, cyber risk management, cyber threat intelligence, global monitoring and analytics, application and infrastructure vulnerability management.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, information security or related field.
- A first-level university degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area is required;
- A minimum of five years of practical experience in the field of information security or cyber security;
- A minimum of two years of practical experience in information security incident response and threat management or vulnerability management;
- Good experience in providing support to disaster recovery exercises, and coordination of the implementation of disaster recovery plans;
- Solid experience in providing support for standardization and consistent integration of information security processes across existing and new (cloud) ICT environments;
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
- For this position, fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
- One or more of following certification(s) are required: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or equivalent.
- Attach any of the above certificate (CISSP / CISM) with your application.