Data Analysis- Director's Office
UNICEF, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Strategic Monitoring Questions (SMQs) are one of the tools through which UNICEF’s programme division collects data to monitor and guide its work against the UNICEF Strategic Plan 2018–2021 (SP). The SMQs through a single UNICEF system detail a list of questions that are filled by all of UNICEF’s country offices at the end of the year. The questions and answers are then reviewed for their quality and used as inputs for calculating the SP indicators and other indicators that are part of global monitoring programmes. SMQs and indicators are then analyzed to establish a clear understanding against the relevant targets of the Strategic Plan.
In 2019, in a joint effort that integrated PD, DAPM and ICT, a SMQ Data Portal (based on PowerBI) was launched and made available for country offices. The portal allows for countries to visualize their SMQ answers in comparison to other countries, as well as how they are integrated into regional and global numbers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution in IT,
- Statistics, quantitative methods, economics, international development studies or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in using MaxQDA;
- Minimum two years of professional experience in data management and visualization;
- Experience and familiarity with UN/UNICEF planning and monitoring tools are a plus;
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to establish harmonious working relations in a multicultural environment.
- Cover letter and Financial proposal that will include:
- your daily/monthly rate (in US$)
- travel costs and daily subsistence allowance, if internationally recruited or travel is required
- Any other estimated costs: visa, health insurance, and living costs as applicable.
- Indicate your availability
- Completed Personal History Form (P11) or UNICEF Talent Management Systems profile
- Copy of academic credentials
- Sample portfolio