United Nations Volunteers, Honduras
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Within the framework of delegated authority and under the supervision of the UNDP Spotlight Project Coordination or its designated representative , the UN Volunteer will carry out the following tasks:
- Analysis (numerical and statistical), processing and interpretation of quantitative data on citizen security, violence against women and girls and other spheres of human development, specifically gender-based violence and femicides.
- Creation and harmonization of databases from different sources, with emphasis on the existing databases on VAWG and femicide in Civil Society and State institutions.
- Technical and continuous strategic monitoring with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and State institutions in the generation of data analysis and indicators of VAWG and femicides that can be used for the generation of public policies.
- Prepare tables, graphs and statistical models to feed the project's studies and research on critical issues of VAWG and femicide.
- Prepare multidimensional analyzes and cross-variables to explore relationships based on the needs of VAWG and femicide policies.
- Analysis and interpretation of qualitative data from different sources of national information.
- Recommend more appropriate programs or software that should be used for the generation of databases based on the subject of the studies and research.
- Advise on the preparation and publication of analytical studies - statistics, infographics, bulletins among others of the topics requested from the project
- Any other activity that is required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Document the statistical processes in charge as well as the analysis carried out.
Qualifications / Requirements
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Master's degree in economics, statistics, demography or related areas.
Qualifications, skills, experience
- With at least two (2) years or more of experience in research and / or analysis of statistical data for research;
- Experience in work in coordination with Civil Society Organizations and / or State institutions.
- Experience in issues of violence against women and girls and femicide (will be valued);
- Experience in working with cooperation projects or the United Nations System will be valued
- Knowledge of statistics, information systems and / or databases (SPSS, STATA, PSPP or other related) Accuracy and professionalism in the production and editing of documents;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; cultural and social sensitivity; ability to work in an inclusive and collaborative way with a variety of stakeholders, including members of the grassroots community, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at various levels; familiarity with tools and approaches to communication for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of national and international staff;
- Solid computer skills, including advanced management of various Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) as well as email / internet; familiarity with database management and office technology equipment;
- Motivationn on their own initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision; ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Awareness about security issues;
- Affinity or interest in human rights issues, volunteering as a mechanism for sustainable development and the United Nations System.
- Spanish (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English (Optional), Level - Fluent