Data Analyst, Healthy Market Project, Mekong Regional Program
PATH, Hanoi, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
PATH seeks a Data Analyst to work as a full time staff to support and contribute to PATH’s Healthy Markets indicator measurement activities especially around collection, management and analysis of project based results. The Data Analyst will work closely with Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser and program staff as well as project coordinators to collect, manage and analyze data. Under the guidance, supervision and direction of the Deputy Chief of Party, specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for data collection of project indicators, including conducting data cleaning, analysis, and reporting of project activities and trends to facilitate program and leadership decision-making; and using data visualization software to prepare standard and custom reports for internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate with application developer consultant to create a database for collecting and collating project data, and to add new features and fields to indicators system.
- Provide data analysis and management technical assistance to PATH’s project partners around the collection, management and analysis of project results data, including but not limited to:
- Conducting needs assessments and evaluating possible systems to allow for project based data collection and reporting from various sources to report against key results at the project level;
- Providing initial analysis of project based M&E system needs to new and existing project partners;
- Prepare graphs, charts, tables and other visual data presentations as requests;
- Providing functional and data management and analysis support of development, test and deployment of a system for data collection and reporting for the project;
- Collaborating with project teams to collect project based data and results;
- Collaborating with IT to set up an initial database environment to collect, manage, and store project level results;
- Supporting execution of training activities for M&E staff to build better project-based M&E system, develop improved data models, and consistently share data and results.
- Map all project sites and activities through GIS.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong knowledge and application of data management best practices;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint; experience with MS Project a plus;
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software a plus;
- Prefer experience with GIS software and geo-mapping;
- Proficiency with SQL commands, relational and dimensional database constructs;
- Knowledge of survey monkey and other on-line data collection tools a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks;
- Effective and efficient time management skills;
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with minimal supervision, anticipating needs and requests;
- Fluency in English.
- A bachelor or master degree in fields like statistics, computer science, or something closely related to their field;
- A minimum of five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with international organization is priority;
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and other public health-related terminology and concepts preferred;
- Experience in an international organization or in a multicultural environment, preferably with a health or development focus, is desired.