Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Department of Field Support, Information and Communications Technology Division (UN DFS-ICTD) is responsible for the delivery of applications that satisfy the requirements of the Departments of Peacekeeping Operations and Field Support (DPKO/DFS) missions as well as Special Political Missions (SPMs). DFS has implemented a range of systems to address the principal requirements of peacekeeping operations and to support and enhance the processes DFS undertakes. UNOPS has been requested to assist in the implementation of this activity
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in developing corporate visualization solutions derived from multiple data sources using state-of the-art tools to enable insight and decision-making at various levels;
- Assist in performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner;
- Assist in implement any software required for accessing, handling, processing, analyzing and visualizing data appropriately;
- Implement data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems;
- Assist in processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Build interactive dashboards and reports, using corporate analytics applications;
- Assist in developing documentation and training materials;
- Assist Analytics and Reporting Specialist with data and analytics related problem;
- Perform other duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
The result of work of the Data Analytics Assistant impacts directly on delivery of services that satisfy the requirements of the Department as well as the performance of the services implemented in the DFS/DPKO field missions and headquarters. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities for all global locations are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- First-level university degree or technical/professional diploma in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems / Technology, Engineering or related field is an asset or advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of ICT, budget and finance, administration, human resources, or other related fields is required. A candidate with a University degree must have at least one (1) year of experience in the relevant area. A candidate who has a technical /professional diploma must have at least three (3) years of experience in the relevant area;
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in development, implementation and maintenance of business intelligence/analytics or related areas is required;
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with MS Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense or any other similar self-service analytics tools is required;
- Experience with Microsoft SQL or other relational databases is required;
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative techniques;
- Familiarity with analytical techniques such as text mining, sentiment analysis, predictive analysis and event detection;
- Experience with DAX, advanced Excel Formulas and Power Query;
- Experience with the following Office365 tools: Flow, Forms, PowerApps and SharePoint;
- A passion for empirical investigation and for answering hard questions with data in a clear and precise way;
- Ability to take high level, loosely-defined business problems and identify precise, quantitative solutions;
Language: English and French are the working languages of the UN. For this job opening, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.