The Data Assistant will work under overall guidance of WHO Representative to Myanmar, and direct supervision of the Head of the TB Team, and in close collaboration with the National TB Programme (NTP).
The Data Assistant will provide support to the WHO country office as well as national programme for the project activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support State/Regional National TB Programme Officers with regular collection of TB epidemiological data as well as programme activities data.
- Ensure regular entry of all relevant surveillance and programmatic data in the Central or State/Regional databases to facilitate data analysis.
- Analyse data and compile timely and regular report. Ensure timely submission of epidemiological and programme activity reports to National TB Programme.
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistical support in the arrangement of meetings, trainings and office related works.
- Ensure maintenance of computers and communication tools.
- To assist in EQA data base and reporting. To assist Gene X pert report preparation.
- Assist in preparation of presentation for workshop, meeting etc.
- Performed any other related duties as required.
- To submit assignment report quarterly.
Work Relations and Partnerships
The Data Assistant is regularly providing assistance to the respective State/Regional TB Program office working for TB control. The data assistant routinely collects epidemiological and programmatic data from not only townships but also implementing partners. In addition, respond to data requests, support in workplan development and changes. Regularly communicates with central NTP and also with WHO country team.
Impact of functions
The Data Assistant ensure the regular data collection, compilation, validation, analysis and reporting. Moreover, programmatic activities are monitored. His/her functions play a key role to the surveillance of TB epidemiological data of State/Regional/country level.
- Completion of secondary school education
- University Degree- preferably in Mathematics or Computer sciences
- Training on epidemiology and surveillance
- Training on TB data Management
- professional experience and knowledge
- Minimum three years working experience
- Communicable diseases surveillance with Ministry of Health and Sports or National/International Organization will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Computer operating, presentation skills, Word and Excels
- Appropriate knowledge of English and excellent knowledge Myanmar Language.