Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
Implemented by FHI 360, “USAID’s Strengthening Multisectoral Nutrition Programming through Implementation Science Activity” (MSNP), henceforth referred to as “the Project” in this document, is a five-year nutrition research project designed to improve nutrition policy making and implementation in Bangladesh based on locally generated evidence. With the leadership of FHI 360, the project is being implemented in six districts (Chuadanga, Jashore, Jhenaidah, Kushtia, Barishal, Perojpur) of Khulna and Barishal divisions by a coalition of national and international organizations.
In this regard, the Project requires a Data Coordinator to support Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities of the project including; data quality review, data analysis, maintaining data files and archives and supporting partners to maintain quality data collection and management. The position will support both research and research utilization activities of the Project.
- Inserts and modifies data in databases from report forms and other data collection
- instruments using data collection systems.
- Maintains and organizes files.
- Compiles requested information from data and files for specified operations and analyses.
- Evaluates data to ensure accuracy and completion of forms.
- Assists in the assessment of the organizational requirements for operations and functions.
- Supports design, implementation, testing, and training of data communication tools.
- Assists in the preparation of reports, graphs, charts, and dashboards that meet organizational stakeholder requirements.
- Acts as gatekeeper of organizational data, by managing data integrity, making sure that repositories produce accurate, consistent, and reusable data.
- Understands relationships between various organizational systems and databases.
- Uses skill set to help stakeholders interpret data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and data management skills, including spreadsheet analysis and content analysis.
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills as well as good presentation skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must have excellent computer and technical skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be a good facilitator and team player in solving problems.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Data Management, Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Public Health, or related field.
- 3-5 years of data entry and data management experience in development programs.
- Prior work experience in non-governmental organization (NGO) or international NGO preferred.
- Prior work in nutrition development program in Bangladesh preferred.