Lalamove, Hong Kong
Closing Date for Applications:
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it!
As a Data Engineer at Lalamove, you will be part of the growing data team, which supports different functional departments in the headquarters, as well as over 260+ cities in the highly data-driven company. You will be responsible for creating the technology that moves and translates data used for making business, operations and strategic decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for optimising data systems and building them from the ground up.
What we seek:
- Quick learner: you enjoy working with data systems, and you have the ability to learn new technology and frameworks quickly
- Problem solver: you are a problem solver with strong critical thinking skills, and willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- High autonomy: Self-organized, passionate with a can-do attitude and own end-to-end projects
What you'll need:
- At least 4 years of work experience in a data engineering role.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Experience with message queuing, and stream processing using tools such as Amazon Kinesis, Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming etc.
- Experience working with the Hadoop Ecosystem. Experience with MPP databases such as Redshift and working with both normalised and denormalised data models.
- Comfortable in the Linux environment.
- Good command of English, fluency in Mandarin is a plus.