Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: DATA ENTRY OPERATOR
Carry out all activities related to entry of medical data into the mission database, according to MSF protocols and maintaining confidentiality, in order to have reliable and up to date information.
- Enter medical data in mission’s database on a systematic and regular basis and according to MSF protocols. Daily data, weekly data, and monthly HMIS.
- To ensure accurate data is introduce in the MSF database cross checking and cleaning the errors before delivering in order to minimize the entry of wrong data.
- Revise in weekly basis the HMIS tally sheets information coming from all the services of the supported health facilities.
- Revise in a daily basis the medical registers books, MSF forms from the Mobile Clinic (MC) activities and Mental Health department.
- Share the last version with the NAS, MWAM and PMR before delivering it to ensure that nothing is missed and to give the change to the supervisor to see if any big change has happened during the day, week or month.
- Delivery on time the database according with the deadlines or upon request of his/her supervisor.
- Make sure to receive data from collaborators on the agreed upon deadline.
- Ensure and respect the MSF procedures during all the collection of the data.
- Check the discrepancies across data from the different sources and enquire the data focal point in the supported facility to review and correct these discrepancies. Inform the NAS about the discrepancies.
- Participate in the search for missing data.
- Inform the supervisor if discrepancies need further assessment or response.
- if requested by his/her supervisor, extract specific information and reports from the database and provide these to PMR (MHAM, MDWAM or NAM).
- Note any missing/incomplete/inaccurate data in the data sheet.
- Look after all equipment provided and keep recording area clean and tidy, giving special importance to all patient files.
- Appropriate maintenance of the different monitoring forms and filing them by service and frequency of collection.
- Make regular back-ups of all data processed.
- Elaborate statistical reports when required by the medical team.
Requirements for the position:
Education: Secondary eduction.
Experience: Not required.
Languages: Fluent in Arabic (Written and spoken). Good level in English is required.
Others: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet), Able to learn and use software used for recording (i.e. HMIS etc.), Syrian nationality with passport.