OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The EPI team of WHO Myanmar has been supporting the national programme under the strategic objective 1 (to reduce the burden of communicable disease), Monitoring and strengthening of disease surveillance system of Polio, VPD and EPI area. These strategic objectives include prevention and control of communicable diseases, support for laboratory supplies, strengthening of surveillance and disease outbreak response. The work of EPI team require very good data management system support from data assistant who has knowledge and skills in providing data management, data analysis, data interpretation and data presentation and programming to retrieve the data from different databases.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under direct supervision of Technical Officer - Expanded Programme on Immunization and general guidance of WHO Representative, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Compile, analyze and develop reports from the weekly acute flaccid paralysis (AFP), Measles and other vaccine-preventable diseases from 17 States and Regions.
- Receiving, maintaining, uploading, and recording case based acute flaccid paralysis (AFP), measles and other vaccine-preventable diseases (VPDs),and laboratory data from 17 States and Regions.
- Providing technical assistance and support to Central Epidemiology Unit, National Surveillance Coordinators and RSO offices in data management, analysis, and reporting on AFP, Measles and other VPD.
- Compile, manage and analyze weekly VPDs and Laboratory updates for EPI Bulletin and ad hoc reports for submission to Regional Office.
- Processing and generating the AFP, Measles and VPDs surveillance data for EPI weekly and monthly VPD bulletins and Power point presentations.
- Submitting all weekly/monthly AFP, Measles and VPDs data to Regional Office in the regional reporting format.
- Producing AFP, Polio, Measles, VPDs, and immunization coverage ad hoc analyses, maps, charts, graphs, and other reports as required.
- Compile, manage and analyze routine immunization and supplementary immunization activity (SIA) data and disease outbreaks data
- Monitoring all routine and SIA data for accuracy, quality and timeliness and providing feedback to EPI and RSO units.
- Producing immunization coverage maps, charts, graphs, and other reports.
- Updating and recording all immunization coverage data and submitting to Regional Office as needed.
- Receiving, maintaining, uploading, and backing-up outbreak response immunization (ORI) data from 17 States and Regions.
- Compile, manage, analyze data to prepare annual WHO & UNICEF Joint Reporting Form (JRF) and IVD Annual EPI Reporting Form (AERF).
- Collaborate with partners for data analysis, modelling etc. from multiple sources, including GIS data.
- Other information management and dissemination activities
- Performing accurate, consistent, data analysis, reporting, and GIS mapping as needed.
- Providing training to the field staff in compiling the surveillance and immunization data, proper recording and reporting of data and producing maps, graphs and tables.
- Performing other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education
- Desirable: - University degree in any relevant field.- Advanced computer training. Training in GIS Mapping or related studies- Certification from Microsoft- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Essential: At least 8 years' relevant work experience in data management, data analysis, interpretation and programming to retrieve the data from different database and reporting.
- Desirable: Experience in an international organization preferably UN would be an advantage.
Knowledge of data management, data analysis, data interpretation, data presentation and programming to retrieve the data from different databases.- Advanced knowledge of WHO standard software such as Windows NT/2000/XP Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Access, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint), Epi Info for Windows, knowledge of GIS mapping and distributive database is essential. Knowledge of other advanced public health statistical software is an advantage. - Ability to meet deadlines, work well under constant work pressure and take initiative to keep current with the changes in technology.- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a team member.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Setting an example
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Myanmar.