Data Management Associate
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Closing Date for Applications:
- We only accept applications submitted through the MSRP portal. No late applications will be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and might be requested to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted during the application.
- Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
- UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants to apply. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms gender, disability, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
Duties and Qualifications
Data Management Associate
- Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
- The Data Management Associate is normally supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor. S/he may directly supervise some support staff.
- Contracts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the Operation, including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Provide training, as necessary, to UNHCR staff as well as staff-members of implementing partners in relevant aspects of data management.
- May be required to coordinate with the GIS colleagues to ensure that data collection is compatible with GIS.
- Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions.
- Assist in development of new applications/databases needed by the UNHCR Offices/Units in area of responsibilities in order to perform their tasks smoothly.
- Ensure that the clients' databases are up-to-date by identifying and keeping what is relevant and accurate in an accessible manner.
- May be required to support registration activities including ProGres technical support and on-site assistance.
- May be required to support voluntary repatriation activities including reconciliation of VolRep data from country of asylum and encashment centers, verification of Voluntary Repatriation Forms (VRFs) and coordination with VolRep Centers (VRCs) on information issues.
- Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
- Have access to relevant data and records.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Information Technology Data Management
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- DM-Database Management
- IT-Computer Literacy
- PG-UNHCR's Programmes
- DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System)
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, including in particular when supervising others, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties by demonstrating no tolerance for sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, abuse of power, harassment including sexual harassment, and sexual exploitation and abuse. As individual workforce members and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and take these issues seriously by speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources, as well as, when required/appropriate, report, for corrective action to be taken, whilst considering a victim-centered-approach.
- This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.