The main aim of the FAO country office, which is headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist government to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under overall supervision of the FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia and FAO Representative in Turkey, direct supervision of the Programme Officer, technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer and in collaboration with FAO Turkey team, the Training Specialist/Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
Data management and data quality assurance
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design and management of the project participant information database;
- Obtain and record educational & social information from participants and provide support to the training programmes;
- Coordinate with other agencies supplying project related information to UNHCR;
- Design and control the applicant tracking & management system will provide required executive management functionality, executive reporting and other tracking functionalities applicant’s data and support provided;
- Assist the team with the design and implementation of surveys;
- Propose, design and code web based multi-lingual technical solutions for applicant information system which consists of various data entry forms and/or questionnaires;
- Ensure capture of daily training participation per module to correlate with compensation rates;
- Provide support to users in proper data entry at provincial level to ensure that database can generate reliable statistics for delivery of services and general status of applicants.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in software engineering, engineering, and a related field
- 5 years of relevant experience in data management and develop data entry system and quality assurance
- Working knowledge of English and fluency in Turkish
- National of Turkey
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement