Data Management Specialist
Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion, France
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
ou participate in the development of employees' knowledge and contribute to the improvement of HI expertise. You actively support HI in a continuous learning dynamic, and in a transition phase to a new organization.
You support the deployment of mobile data collection tools and help improve data management practices within HI.
Under the supervision of the Manager of the Data & Information Unit, your responsibilities are as follows:
Produce the frameworks and tools necessary for the management of program data
- Capitalization of good practices
- Production and updates of frameworks and toolboxes
- Production of training materials: guides, distance learning, etc.
Ensure dissemination and appropriation of these frameworks
- Dissemination and promotion of frameworks and tools
- Monitoring the deployment of data management standards
- Animation of training courses and seminars
- Participation in the implementation and animation of the MEAL / IM business sector, in particular through communities of practice
Direct support to land
- Member of the MEAL / IM focal point team: you provide first-level support on the entire MEAL and IM perimeter for an area geographical area
- IM specialist: provide expert level support on the Information Management theme
- Support missions: 2 to 3 missions per year
Participation in the reflection on the evolution of IT tools related to data management
- You identify the needs of evolution of existing tools, and prioritize these needs
- You identify possibly r needs new tools
- You make the link with the DSI who is in charge of setting up and maintaining the IT tools: drafting specifications, testing and validation of the proposed tools, etc.
- Holds a Master 2 or IT / data management engineer, you have at least 2 years of experience in an IM (Information Management) or MEAL (Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning) position, and in NGOs
- You master a tool of mobile data collection (ODK, Kobo, SurveyCTO, ...)
- You have good knowledge in database management, and data analysis tools and / or Business Intelligence, advanced use of Excel
- You have to experience in writing guides and training design
- Your strengths? Adaptability, analytical skills, listening skills, sense of communication
- You speak fluently English and French, Spanish is a plus
- Your assets ? adaptability, analytical skills, listening skills, sense of communication
- You speak fluent English and French, Spanish is a plus