Social Impact is pursuing a contract to provide support to the USAID Regional Mission based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which encompasses the DRC, the Republic of Congo (RoC), and the Central African Republic (CAR). This support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios in order to measure progress towards established development objectives and improve the achievement and sustainability of the Mission’s development outcomes. Additionally, this contract will provide services to strengthen the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) capabilities of USAID/DRC staff, targeted local partners, and the Government of DRC.
This contract will also improve upon and provide additional implementation support to the Country Development and Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and USAID’s regional strategic frameworks through an enhanced MEL system, as well as provide broad MEL support to the USAID/DRC technical offices - Education; Peace and Security; Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance; Health; Economic Growth; Food For Peace; Office for Foreign Disaster Assistance; and the Central Africa Regional Program for the Environment program (CARPE).
Social Impact is seeking a Data Management Specialist to lead data management processes, assessments, and reporting activities on the USAID/DRC MECC 2 contract, in conjunction with the DCOP. This is a full-time position contingent upon contract award.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with citizenship of Democratic Republic of the Congo will be considered.
- Oversee and, as required, undertake data collection, analysis, and management associated with MECC
- Develop and implement guidelines, schedules, and SOPs to inform data collection, analysis, and management
- Develop or guide the development of customized reports and visually appealing dashboards to support reporting and decision-making
- As required, develop templates and forms to standardize and streamline data collection undertaken by firms engaged in third-party monitoring (TPM).
- Support and capacitate end-users (USAID, implementing partners, the DRC MECC team, TPM firms) in the use of data collection template, dashboards, SOPs, and so forth.
- Ensure all data collection, analysis, and distribution is in compliance with USAID’s Open Data requirements and quality standards.
- Undertake periodic data quality and analysis audits to ensure consistency with AMELPs, Mission PMPs, DQAs, PPRs, and other relevant USAID documents.
- Lead data quality assurance.
- Master’s degree or higher in the field of international relations, economics, political science, public policy, statistics, and/or another relevant field.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in information and data management systems.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID data quality standards and data management systems.
- Demonstrated experience developing data entry templates and/or guidelines and standards for data collection.
- Experience developing interactive dashboards in Excel or Tableau is preferred.
- Experience with GIS data management and visualization software (such as ArcGIS) is preferred.
- Experience with USAID reporting requirements and experience working with AMELPs, Mission PMPs, DQAs, PPRs, and other relevant documents for data consistency.
- Familiarity with a diverse set of programming, e.g. health, economic growth, education, governance, etc.
- Excellent English and French writing skills and speaking ability.
- Willingness and ability to travel within DRC and neighboring countries as needed.