World Health Organization, Geneva, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Under the overall guidance of the Unit Lead, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Develop requirements and provide direct ongoing support to various teams across the organization for data and metadata harmonization.
- Maintain reference data repository and administer centralized processes on behalf of and in collaboration with all technical programmes across the organization.
- Support the DDI Monitoring, Forecasting and Inequalities team with set up and development of data stores for DDI technical activities including data harmonization, validation and cleaning.
- Support the DEX team through the development of visualizations including national and sub-national level maps and infographics.
- Support the Surveys, CRVS and Health Service Data team develop data models for streamlining member state information requests.
- Build technical expertise with WHO enterprise data management systems and database technologies and support data managers in technical units and regions; collaborate with IMT to develop training materials as warranted.
- Support the DDI Coordination & Governance team to develop strategies and processes for the implementation of new data management policies.
- Collaborate with the Data Exchange team and other divisions to expand the breadth of data in the GHO.
- Collaborate with technical units and regions to understand data sharing needs; recommend and execute new initiatives and processes to support.
- Build and maintain external relationships with other UN agencies to identify best practices and areas of opportunity to streamline or collaborate on data management.
- Generate reports on the efficacy, performance and utilization of data tools, policies, databases, and processes and collaborate with IMT to make recommendations for continuous improvement and adoption.
- Support special projects related to all above duties.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Essential: A first-level university degree related to computer science or statistics.
- Desirable:Masters level degree in public health or biostatistics;
- certificates in analyzing large data sets.
- Essential:At least five years hands-on experience in data and database management or database administration;
- Experience developing or utilizing professional ETL tools for data integration;
- Experience evaluating and improving dataset structures for database performance;
- Experience with data cleansing and deduplication for continuous operational data;
- Experience advising and supporting data owners with data integration, analysis or other data preparation needs;
- Experience with utilizing, monitoring and maintaining data standards;
- Desirable:Demonstrated experience in data analysis in scientific research or R&D settings;
- Experience as a data engineer working with Microsoft Azure products;
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, and ArcGIS visualization products;
- Familiarity with WHO policies, strategies and activities related to data dissemination and data standards;
- Experience within WHO or another UN international organization.
- Proven skills in database administration, data integration, and data analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical application packages such as STATA, SPSS, SAS or R.
- Expertise working in both SQL and NoSQL database environments.
- Strong facilitation skills to scope data requirement with owners in a consultative manner.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.