UCSF Global Programs for Research & Training , Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Kenya (CDC-Kenya) to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and its partners for conducting HIV and STI surveillance and survey activities, as well as program monitoring and evaluation. We are recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO Global Programs for Research & Training (Global Programs) to serve as Data Manager. This position requires July to September commitment, with the potential for extension at the end of the period, subject to funding availability.
Under the supervision of the Medical Epidemiologist the Data Manager will work with the Global Programs team to:
- Participate in planning, designing and implementation of surveillance and M&E projects.
- Participate in the design of survey and program databases.
- Participate and/or lead preparation of data analysis plans.
- Lead and report on monitoring of ongoing data collection and storage of data for GP activities
- Lead the cleaning and preparation of datasets from surveys and program data
- Collaborate on the analysis of data for assigned projects.
- Work closely with statisticians in supporting data-related activities for all programs
- Provide support in the development of training materials for data management, and utilization of statistical and or data management software.
- Participate in provision of training to MOH and its partners in data management, data analysis, utilization of software and interpretation of analysis.
- A Master’s degree in statistics/bio-statistics, computer science/IT studies, or related field with five years of relevant working experience is required, or a achelor’s degree with eight years of progressive professional experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in public health, epidemiology, M&E, or related field is required.
- Minimum of three years continuous working experience with survey and surveillance data.
- Proficiency in at least one software package (e.g. SAS/STATA/R) for data management and analysis.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS:
- In-depth, comprehensive, and evolving knowledge of statistical and mathematical analysis techniques integrated with computer applications.
- Management of large survey and/or research studies data sets.
- Ability to prioritize, work tight under deadlines, work with minimal supervision and multitask.
- Ability to effectively communicate data management related matters to colleagues and external stakeholders.