Sangath, Bhopal, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About The Organization –
Sangath is a not-for-profit research organization dedicated to improving mental health across the lifespan. Our core mission and vision is to advance scientific discovery with high potential for real world impact in the core areas of child development, adolescent and youth health, and adult health and chronic disease. Our team consists of leading global experts in mental health research, advocacy, and health policy, and we have a longstanding track record of high-impact publications.
Job Description –
Sangath seeks to appoint the Data Manager who will be based at Bhopal and will coordinate and assist PI and Project Director in conducting various research activities and data analysis. S/he will contribute in development of database, data collection, and analysis and data visualization in both the trials as per trial protocol
Role and Responsibilities –
- To design and develop database for ESSENCE.
- To design and develop dashboard for data visualization.
- To supervise regular data collection through online and ESSENCE server database and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- To analyze and discuss findings based on regular process data. Provide technical support on process M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the Project Management team.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Project’s service delivery process, monitoring and evaluation System.
- Adhere to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Data Archive guidelines and requirements for structuring data.
- Oversee and coordinate the data sharing schedule and submission of raw data to the NIMH Data Archive on a semi-annual basis.
- Complete and submit necessary NIMH Data Archive Data Submission Agreements and documentation.
- To lead Data analysis as may be required for data visualization and research.
- Coordinate with the Field Team, project implementation team, for ensuring data quality and processing
- Maintain the documents/ data and records, relevant to the project.
- Assist in developing quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports.
- Develop and share field visit reports with relevant staff.
- Any other activity as per the need of programme or tasks assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualification and Experience –
- Post-Graduation in Statistics/ Demography/ Social Sciences/ Operation Research/Public Health/Mathematics (Specialization in Statistics).
- Experience in data analysis and management of a public health programme (preferably a research program).Fluency in spoken and written Hindi and English
- Willingness to be based at Bhopal and ready to take up filed work in remote areas of the district.
- Experience in database development and research data analysis and management.
- Well verse in qualitative and quantitative data analysis software such as Nvivo, STATA and ‘R’ etc.