The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
William J. Clinton Foundation (“WJCF”) India has been providing analytical support to NACO (National AIDS Control Organization), since 2004, in a number of areas ranging from improvement in the HIV testing and treatment efficiency, capacity and capability across the country. In the recent past, WJCF has also worked with NACO to understand the type and quality of data captured by different systems across the key divisions of NACO. WJCF plans to utilize its experiential learning in order to support NACO in the further refinement of its existing ICT-based M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) systems.
WJCF is hiring candidates for Project SOCH (Strengthening Overall Care for HIV patients), which aims at developing a patient centric IT enabled integrated M&E system with embedded supply chain functions.
WJCF is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills to support its HIV program. The Data Scientist will work on designing the strategy & rolling-out an integrated ICT-based M&E platform for NACO. The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. WJCF places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Support the WJCF-Project SOCH team in designing an integrated information management system for NACO
- Support the assessment study of existing software systems at NACO
- Develop process maps for a proposed system incorporating feedback from all potential users
- Conduct comprehensive technical evaluation of existing software and provide a detailed report to WJCF
- Provide inputs on the methodology of integration of different software in NACO’s eco-system
- Support the development of solution architecture for the integrated system after incorporating all the inputs and functional requirements
- Design the end-to-end functional and technical specification for the proposed ICT system for desktop, mobile and tablet versions
- Validate detailed specifications and development costing of various modules and functionalities
- Support discussions with different stakeholders at NACO (at national, state and facility levels), development partners, implementation partners to understand their IT based needs
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort
- Undertake any other duties as requested
- Bachelor of Technology degree in Computer Science/Electrical/IT or any other Bachelor of Technology degree with exceptional experience
- MBA from a reputed Business School is preferred
- Minimum 2 years' of Data Science experience preferably in a public-sector context
- Experience programming in Python, Java, or another programming language
- Experience of working on a project end-to-end: problem scoping, data gathering, EDA, visualizations, modeling and insights
- Design and BI architecture skills, partnering with engineering & information architecture teams on design & architecture
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms – text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc. is preferred
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Proven track record of working in challenging multi-stakeholder environments & ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders and drive immediate results
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Willingness to travel if required and at short notice, even to remote places
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Fluency in English and Hindi