Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conducting offline and online open source discovery as well as verification activities, including the identification, preservation and verification of relevant information;
- Conduct geographic information system research, including geolocation;
- Undertake the review and analysis of relevant materials and draft reports in a variety of formats as required.
Educational Background: University degree (Bachelor) in International Relations, Media, Journalism, Security Studies, Social Sciences, Political Science, Information and Knowledge Management, or Information Systems with qualifying experience in areas such as investigative research.
Experience: A minimum of two years of professional experience in conducting open source online exploitation, including of social media networking sites and/or in verification techniques including geolocation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of online information gathering and verification techniques, combining social media and open source information;
- Proven understanding of social media platforms, trends, and monitoring;
- Demonstrated knowledge of verification techniques including geolocation;
- Ability to handle complex/large amounts of information;
- Good research, analytical and problem- solving skills;
- Ability to properly manage confidential information
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and adapt to changing environment and plans;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment in a non-discriminatory manner;
- High standards of professional integrity;
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential. Dutch is highly desirable.
- Acts consistently in accordance with the mission and values of the organisation;
- Maintains confidentiality, acts with integrity and shows respect for diversity;
- Manages time effectively;
- A well-developed sense of judgment, an ability to work well in teams under time-sensitive conditions where innovative and imaginative planning/ problem-solving skills are necessary;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure;
- Tact, discretion, and the ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment.
How to apply:
This position is open to candidates with valid work and residence permits in the Netherlands and/or EU.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their CV in English to the email address: HR@whitehelmets.org.in
The Employment application form must be completed in English and in electronic format: https://forms.gle/b9weeoRK7croXFHA9
Applications must be received no later than May 5th, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.