International Organization for Migration, Sana'a, Yemen
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall supervision Senior Field Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (DTM), and technical guidance from the Information Management and Technology Officer (IMT Officer), the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and coordinating large-scale data processing activities with operational role related to human mobility in Yemen.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Operation related tasks
- Provide technical support and guidance for the management of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Programme in Yemen with a specific focus on Multi Cluster Location Assessment (MCLA), Flow Monitoring, Surveys and Mobility Tracking.
- Supervise and monitor the work of technical and operations staff implementing Multi Cluster Location Assessments (MCLA), Flow Monitoring, Mobility Tracking and Surveys, including checking compliance with administrative procedures.
- Participate in coordination meetings and other platforms in Sana’a on matters related to the North part of Yemen.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of data collection tools, methodologies and standard operating procedures to facilitate operations mainly in the North part of Yemen.
- Provide user support and contribute to the development of guidelines, training materials and training sessions on the deployment, use, operation and maintenance of database and data collection systems to partners who are working on data collection in the field. Information management related tasks (Database and GIS)
- Contribute to the development of, and implement and update database information systems and geographic information systems to gather, store and process information required for DTM implementation.
- Assist in information processing and analysis, including analyzing and improving the main data flow processes that are relevant to the effective collection, storage, processing, analysis and reporting of the data.
- Work to automate data analysis and mapping for timely inputs for reporting.
- Develop databases for new programmes and projects as needed as well as ad-hoc database systems as necessary, and provide recommendations to further improve the design of existing database systems and its interface functions.
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability.
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools and/or data entry tools that meet the information needs of IOM, the government, and humanitarian partners, in close coordination with the Office of the Humanitarian Coordinator of the UN Humanitarian Country Team in Yemen.
- Support maintenance of and training on the technologies used for database systems.
- Visit sub-offices and field offices to provide technical support for the usage of information and database systems as needed.
- Supervise and train as needed information management assistants and data entry clerks to ensure the quality of data entered in IOM databases. Information products, reporting and dissemination related tasks
- Support the Reporting Officer with analysis of data for donors, other stakeholders and for ad hoc requests to facilitate data consistency.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Database Management, Software Development, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the development and management of database information systems;
- Exposure to conflict-settings in the region and working in the large multi-cultural teams;
- Experience in the operational context of DTM;
- Experience in the development and implementation of ODK or any other mobile data collection tools; and,
- Working experience with the following tools: Access, ArcGIS and SQL.
- In depth knowledge of Access, ArcGIS and SQL and database management.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.