DDG Head of Programme
Danish Refugee Council), Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- In close coordination with the DRC-DDG CD and the DDG Programme & Operations Coordinator from HQ, ensure efficient and accountable programme implementation of the DDG portfolio in Yemen.
- Ensure efficient and responsive action in regard to proposal and report writing and jointly with the CD act as the focal point for any potential amendments needed required.
- Ensure effective and transparent budget follow up, planning and use of financial resources in compliance with DRC-DDG and donor policies and priorities
- Establish relations with YEMAC North and initiate MA for DRC -DDG in Hodeida response
- Establish a DRC -DDG protection Information mechanism between VA and MRE with DRC HoP.
- Ensure that project kick-off, close-out, and quarterly review meetings are conducted according to requirements, documented, and action points followed up in a timely manner.
- Participate in country level strategic planning and contribute to the sustainable management of program growth with a continual eye to new program development that addresses displacements and meets the needs of beneficiaries
- Ensure proper and timely financial and narrative reporting for DRC-DDG grants in compliance with internal and external reporting requirements including procurement
- Responsible for the investigation of all incidents/accidents and corrective action of nonconformities.
Program Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- In collaboration with MEAL, ensure that all projects contribute to measuring impact and are in line with DRC’s country strategic plan
- Adopt an evidence-based approach that see the dissemination of lessons learned and best practices within DRC country and Regional teams, to donors and to other stakeholders when relevant in order to ensure synergetic programming and cross-program collaboration in Yemen and in the whole region
Donor liaison, Partnerships and Representation
- Act as representative for the DDG programme in Yemen with government authorities, donors, partners, UN agencies and international and local NGOs and various cluster/coordination forums (e.g., Mine Action Working Group, MRE Working Group, and Protection Cluster).
- As required represent DRC-DDG’s Yemen programme to funders and potential donors
- Cultivate key relationships that enhance DRC’s visibility, credibility in Yemen
- Frequent travel for direct support to field sites, representation and identification of opportunities for organizational growth in the competence areas and coverage.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have relevant experience and technical competencies as below requirements:
- Master's degree in International Development and/or Humanitarian Assistance, Project Management or any other related field.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience in program management, leadership and design in countries of conflict or post-conflict,
- Minimum 4 years of experience in managing complex emergency operations, including 2 years at country senior management level
- Demonstrated experience and skill in proposal development, budget development, program implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Proven experience in effectively coordinating with National Governments, International and National NGO partners and a variety of working with and coordinating with a variety of donors including DFID, UNHCR, ECHO and OFDA.
- Preferably previous successful experience with HMA agencies or DDG.
- Proven experience in managing integrated programs as well as capacity building.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
- Arabic language skills is an advantage.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- emonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.