Deputy Camp Manager
Danish Refugee Council, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
The CCCM Deputy is responsible to Assist The Camp Manager in the coordination of assistance and services at camp level. This entails building effective collaboration with a diversity of stakeholders, ranging from community leadership structures in the IDP site, humanitarian partners, host communities and local authorities. The CCCM Deputy reports to the CCCM Manager, maintains lateral communication and coordination with the DRC Protection and FSL staff, and supervises Camp management Officer and assistants.
- Assist in overall day to day management of DRC’s camp coordination activities in and direct manager for staff members. This includes coaching, ensuring co-ordination between staff, and recruiting.
- Assist in overseeing coordination in the camp among actors, including government representatives, UN agencies, international NGOs and national NGOs and other service providers and refugee groups by supporting the camp manger in existing coordination mechanisms.
- Assist to monitor, in close collaboration with Project Managers, all technical work carried out in the camp setting, including water, sanitation and hygiene activities and construction activities, and any other activities implemented by DRC as they begin. Ensure all activities respect international standards for each sector.
- Assist with all procurements and logistical arrangements associated with the Camp, in collaboration with DRC procurement and logistics staff.
- Assist in monitoring the distribution of all items in the camp to ensure that minimum standards and operating procedures are respected and applied.
- Assist in managing/supporting any community services, youth activities, protection support and similar humanitarian programmes that may be undertaken in the camp.
- Assist in developing and applying strong camp-wide communication strategy to ensure information is being disseminated to all camp residents using a variety of mediums.
- Assist in coordination with the government security apparatus, police, camp administration and the refugee community to ensure the security and safety of refugees and the camp is maintained.
- Assist in supporting information gathering and participatory assessments undertaken within the camp.
- Assist in working with Protection and shelter team in the development of key relationships with camp and government leaders in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, data collection, and community outreach.
- Provide feedback regarding work plans, contingency plans and general program implementation.
- Assist in working with HR department in all HR related issues in the camp.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be Organized, Flexible and a leader. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- 2 years of experience in INGOs, specifically in complex emergency contexts.
- Substantial experience operating in a refugee camp environment, preferably undertaking Camp Coordination activities.
- Experience in community services,
- Ability to work with large, multi-cultural people in a changing environment.
- Substantial experience in Camp Coordination activities.
- Experience in protection support and similar humanitarian programmes.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.