Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date for Applications:
This activity is expected to improve the collection and use of high quality routine information in the health sector, contributing to improved quality, efficiency, and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels. The ultimate objective is to assist the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) - Ethiopia rollout electronic modular components required to create a robust health information system for analytics and decision making.
- Working closely with the Project Director, provide strategic leadership to all consortium partners, setting yearly objectives, training agendas, reporting requirements and overall coordination.
- Ensure all consortium partners are coordinating, planning, and implementing technical activities to achieve sectoral and project targets.
- Lead quarterly technical review of implementation plans as well as coordinate all the sectoral partners and ensure appropriate actions are taken to meet implementation timelines and commitments.
- Review all technical reports from consortium partners and provide feedback on the quality of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as project evaluations and research products.
- Ensure strong coordination/collaboration among consortium members through regular coordination meetings/project reviews, joint field visits and planning.
- Ensure the project is implemented on time and in a cohesive, integrated manner and maintain a positive working relationship with the Federal Ministry of Health, USAID, the Data Use Partnership and other stakeholders.
- Make recommendations for adaptive management changes to activities, approaches and partner Scopes of Work as needed and recommended by technical staff;
- Oversee technical project planning and quality assurance, including ensuring the quality and timely achievement of all deliverables.
- Review, in coordination with key technical project staff and consortium partners, yearly work and performance plans to ensure long-term and short-term priorities are on track.
- Support the implementation of a common monitoring, evaluation, and learning system among all partners and analyze the technical data it generates to inform project management, technical project, and development of best practices and applied research.
- Oversee technical staff to ensure the best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses and ensuring timely submission of financial reports to the donor.
- Monitor budget utilization and ensure proper financial management and utilization of funds in support of the Project Director.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Master’s in Public Health, Information Sciences, Data Science, Nutrition, Project Management or a related field and a minimum 8 years’ professional experience at senior management level coordinating USAID-funded projects in developing countries.
- Strong communication abilities, including communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Budget management experience preferred.
- Understanding of the Ethiopia health system is an added advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time