Deputy Chief of Party
Fhi 360, Ukraine
Closing Date for Applications:
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in overseeing project implementation and will provide technical and management leadership to the overall project. S/he will represent the project to external stakeholders including government officials and donors and will supervise project staff to ensure that project activities are completed in a timely manner and are of high technical quality.
- Provide technical and management leadership, develop technical strategies and oversee the design and implementation of project activities in coordination with project technical experts.
- Oversee the quality of all technical aspects of the project, including the management of potential subgrantees, short-term consultants and monitoring and evaluation and grant making activities.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports with the Chief of Party.
- Supervise the grants and monitoring and evaluation teams and provide quality assurance of all activities under those portfolios.
- Establish relationships with key project stakeholders and manage donor and government partnerships in collaboration with the Chief of Party.
- Perform other duties assigned by the COP and represents the project in the absence of the COP.
- Master’s degree in international development, public administration, communications/media, law, sociology or other related fields;
- Minimum 7 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects with a minimum of 10 years working on development activities with donors, local civil society organizations, and/or private sector foundations;
- Demonstrated experience with USG program monitoring and evaluation activities and at least 5 years of experience with USG development programs, including USAID.
- Experience managing complex donor-funded development programs in areas such as youth development, confidence building, civic engagement, inclusion, or related areas.
- Track record of successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees;
- Ability to analyze complex, politically sensitive issues and ensure strategic program coherence in dynamic environments;
- Expertise in youth development, civic engagement, inclusion, and/or democracy development technical disciplines;
- Effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and outstanding judgement;
- Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs required;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian required.