Social Impact is pursuing a contract to provide support to the USAID Regional Mission based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which encompasses the DRC, the Republic of Congo (RoC), and the Central African Republic (CAR). This support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios in order to measure progress towards established development objectives and improve the achievement and sustainability of the Mission’s development outcomes. Additionally, this contract will provide services to strengthen the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) capabilities of USAID/DRC staff, targeted local partners, and the Government of DRC.
This contract will also improve upon and provide additional implementation support to the Country Development and Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and USAID’s regional strategic frameworks through an enhanced MEL system, as well as provide broad MEL support to the USAID/DRC technical offices - Education; Peace and Security; Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance; Health; Economic Growth; Food For Peace; Office for Foreign Disaster Assistance; and the Central Africa Regional Program for the Environment program (CARPE).
Social Impact is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to support the execution of all MECC 2 evaluation and learning activities. The DCOP will possess a thorough understanding of monitoring and evaluation to lead project-level M&E activities as well as capacity building within USAID/DRC. The finalist will have strong interpersonal, supervisory, and written and oral communication skills, as well as demonstrated leadership, strategic planning, management, and presentation skills. This is a full-time position based in Kinshasa, DRC, and is contingent upon contract award.
- Perform duties similar to the Chief of Party and serve as Acting Chief of Party as needed.
- Provide technical quality control over monitoring and evaluation services, including reviewing proposed evaluation methodologies, implementing monitoring and reporting systems, and overseeing surveys.
- Provide technical expertise, support and leadership to ensure that performance and reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation information is successfully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring about new innovations to USAID programmatic efforts in-country.
- Provide oversight to learning and knowledge management activities and ensure that these efforts are extended to USAID implementing partners.
- Support USAID staff to access strategic learning tools and provide guidance and support to the project’s evaluation services components, including monitoring and evaluation activities to create knowledge mobilization and knowledge management mechanisms.
- A master’s degree in the field of evaluation, international development, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in the management, monitoring, and evaluation of development programs.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment, managing third-party monitoring efforts, and supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds in monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong background and expertise in performance monitoring and data quality assessment (DQA) processes.
- Experience developing performance management plans, monitoring project implementation, and verifying data from large development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the USAID Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework, strategic planning, project design, institutional learning and/or knowledge management.
- Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring, evaluation, and strategic learning preferred.
- Proven supervisory and team building experience, and excellent project management experience.
- Prior senior-level management experience on USAID-funded contracts.
- Excellent English and French writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel within DRC and the surrounding countries as needed.