Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and external clients in order to deliver projects according to plan. Manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project(s) life cycle. Creates work plans based on goals and targets, and implement evidence based interventions in a one or more multi -sector areas, as well as new technologies and practices. Collaborates with other sectors in order to integrate work plans, budgets and multi-sector interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project.
- Manages and oversees the development of projects from initiation to completion.
- Manages capacity building project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
- Provide guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management.
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
- Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
- Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project management, process development and execution.
- Strong knowledge of project management software and other technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project and personnel management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and collaborates with others.
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to bring project to completion.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Decisions and actions have serious implications with delays in project schedules, operations and may affect overall business activities.
- Problems are complex and require analysis of situations and data with evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies to select methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Manages staff and external project members to achieve goals and vision of project from initiation to completion.
- Coordinates project plans, budgets, training and resources with management to achieve strategic goals.
- Typically reports to a Director.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent
- Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of project management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands: Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.