Deputy Chief of Party
Creative Associates International, Senegal
Closing Date for Applications:
The Equitable Access to Education in Southern Senegal project aims to provide increased equitable access to education to girls and boys aged approximately 9 to 16 living in the crisis-affected Casamance regions (Ziguinchor, Sedhiou, Kolda) and Kedougou region. It is a five-year project.
Position Summary: The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) works under the leadership of the Chief of Party (COP) and supports the COP in appropriate technical and coordination aspects of program.
Reporting & Supervision: This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
- The DCOP will oversee all aspects of project implementation through direct supervision of its project components.
- The DCOP will provide support to the Chief of Party in representational, programmatic, strategic development and quality control duties.
- S/he will liaise with USAID and government stakeholders to respond to their informational, data and monitoring requirements.
- Support the management and supervision of staff.
- Assist in the formulation of annual work plans, in cooperation with the Chief of Party, other project staff, USAID, and the MOE.
- Develop and deliver reports and written documentation related to technical activities to be reported to USAID, including weekly, quarterly and annual reports.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education, management or other relevant field. Additional experience in similar type of programs may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in progressively responsible technical or managerial roles in developing countries and specifically in the areas of education.
- At least 4 years of experience in a management role.
- Demonstrated exemplary management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in West Africa is highly desired.
- Working proficiency in English and in French is required.