Deputy Chief of Party
Closing Date for Applications:
Chemonics seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID Liberia Health Systems Strengthening project, based in Monrovia, Liberia. The project aims to provide targeted support to strengthen the Liberian health system through improving leadership and governance, reinforcing health information systems for data-driven decision-making, strengthening community-level health services, and addressing challenges with water sanitation and hygiene. The program will enhance the capacity of the Liberian Ministry of Health to support the necessary health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Liberia.
The Deputy Chief of Party reports to the chief of party and will drive technical implementation on the national and subnational levels, ensuring the activity meets goals and reporting requirements, and will assume the responsibilities of the chief of party in their absence. The Deputy Chief of Party will coordinate USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners and will liaise with various Liberian government institutions and representatives, particularly at the national and local levels. Ideal candidates will have experience in public health financing and a thorough understanding of current health systems strengthening and human resources for health models and service delivery approaches. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with the Chief of Party to provide management, leadership, oversight, and technical direction to strengthen health institutions, increase the availability and improve management of key health systems resources, and strengthen community systems for high-quality health services in Liberia
- Support the Chief of Party and technical team in project implementation, management, client engagement, and coordination between partners, government counterparts, and other implementation partners
- Support the Chief of Party to develop and implement key management systems that will support project planning, reporting, and performance management
- Oversee work planning, review all technical writing products and deliverables, and lead project communications
- Support the provision of technical guidance in relevant project areas
- Ensure project meets stated goals and reporting requirements; identify challenges, obstacles, and difficulties affecting project implementation; develop strategies to solve these problems; and work with the chief of party and USAID as needed to implement these strategies
- A master’s degree or higher in public health, medicine, international development, or related field
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience managing large, complex health projects in developing countries; experience working on health governance, decentralized health systems, healthcare financing, and/or institutional strengthening programs in Liberia preferred
- USAID experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors, and other stakeholders, particularly at the subnational level
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in oral and written English