FHI 360/Philippines is in search of qualified candidates for Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position to join the USAID-funded “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project in the Philippines. The DCOP will provide overall strategic and operational leadership of the project in collaboration with all major stakeholders. The DCOP supports the COP to oversee the project’s activities implementation, management, and monitoring, including program quality, personnel, and financial management. S/he will bring perspectives and understanding on Health innovations, formative and operational researches and different aspects of Systems Strengthening (HSS), required to strengthen the National TB Program (NTP) to sustain its services across the continuum of care. The DCOP will work closely with different relevant project’s counterparts and stakeholders on different project’s activities and will provide leadership and oversight to HSS activities. S/he will work closely with the COP to ensure that all project interventions are of high quality and lead to measurable impact.
The DCOP will work closely with the COP to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to the project team, technical, and operational aspects of the project, including planning and implementation of the project; ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Guarantees the efficient and effective use of the resources to reach the desired results of the project, monitoring the work plans, budgets and finances, in accordance with the procedures of the donor (USAID).
- Promote innovations to support the National TB Program through activities that test, pilot and implement innovative concepts
- Provide technical and programmatic oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of program activities in the areas of health systems strengthening
- Supports the COP in workplans development, operational research activities design and management, and SOPs development to meet project goals and compliance with policies.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual work plans, budgets, and progress reports in a timely fashion for submission to USAID.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the local USAID Mission as well as with the national TB program and other consortium partners.
- Maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures high technical standards are used to guide the technical and programmatic aspects of work plans and activities.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Supports the COP with the introduction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to managers and staff to achieve project goals and develop national leadership capacity.
- Proven experience in working with local government officials, particularly the Department of Health is highly desirable, to support strategy development, implementation plans and operational/implementation research activities design and management.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Proven experience of different USAID regulations in programmatic and financial management and reporting per USAID guidelines, ensure that the project maintains the highest administrative, financial, and operational standards for compliance and audits.
- Solid knowledge and skills on different approaches to assess and strengthen health systems strengthening capabilities required to the NTP and Regions to improve and sustain TB services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically at least 25%.
- At least a master’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in public health policies, health programs’ planning and management, operational and formative types of researches and/ or related areas.
- At least 8 years of senior-level professional experience in managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health policy and administration, health programs planning and management and supervising health systems activities and teams.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in managing USAID and/or international development organizations’ projects and staff.
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Philippines strongly desired.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.