Deputy Chief of Party, Field Operations
Tetra Tech , Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The goal of this project is to support strengthened democratic governance in the Philippines by making local governance more responsive. It will do this by focusing on strengthening the enabling environment for decentralization; enhancing service delivery capacity, legitimacy, transparency, and accountability of participating local governments; and empowering citizens through increased participation in and oversight of local governance processes.
Position Description: Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination with project technical staff and external partners, the DCOP will oversee all administrative and operational aspects of the Project including; assisting in the preparation of work plans, budgets, and procurement plans for the offices; and overseeing office startup. The DCOP will closely coordinate and collaborate with office-level administrative, financial, and contract staff during implementation. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Manila.
- Master’s degree or higher in public administration, economics, business, law, social sciences, or a related field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated, progressively responsible field operations experience in the successful implementation of public administration, local government support, or governance reform programs;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of working experience in a senior supervisory role related to administrative operations, financial management, human resources, and procurement, with experience on USAID contracts of similar size and scope strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with counterparts at various levels of government and the private sector in managing international development assistance projects;
- Demonstrated excellent managerial skillset with high levels of responsibility;
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
- Professional written and spoken proficiency in Filipino and English is required;
- Prior experience living and working in the Philippines and/or any other countries in Southeastern Asia (preferred).