Deputy Chief of Party, Technical
FHI 360, Morocco
Closing Date for Applications:
The Deputy Chief of Party, Technical works in close coordination with the Chief of Party and is responsible for managing the quality and timeliness of the project’s overall technical workstream. S/he will supervise the technical team, liaise with technical partners, relevant national stakeholders, beneficiaries and the donor, as needed.
- Coordinate closely with the Chief of Party (COP) on all technical matters; provide support to the overall leadership and management of the project.
- Coordinate planning process to ensure strategic and cohesive program direction
- Oversee technical outputs (activities, strategies and deliverables) of all implementing partner organizations through regular field visits and facilitate regular technical meetings for all partners.
- Develop and oversee a local partner capacity building activities, including technical, managerial and governance capacities.
- Support the COP to oversee project monitoring and evaluation activities in collaboration with the M&E Director to build and implement a cohesive data collection, aggregation and reporting strategy with local partners.
- Provide guidance to technical staff, ensure clear roles and responsibilities and maintain clear lines of communication with project team members.
- Collaborate with in-country technical advisors and headquarter-based technical staff to ensure the project is implemented according to organization and industry best practices, program framework, and regulations.
- Lead the process of preparing timely and accurate donor reporting.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms representative in the absence/temporary leave of the COP.
- Serve as the primary technical program representative in the absence/temporary leave of the COP.
- Master’s degree (preferred) in education, social sciences, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible technical management experience in support of large-scale, donor-funded international development programs, preferably in Morocco or the region.
- Proven technical leadership in USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with local communities, government officials, and donor representatives.
- Ability to analyze and establish effective cross-program coordination, procedures, and management systems.
- Demonstrated ability in complex environments, working across different cultures, and managing diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Experience in the education sector in Morocco or the region strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic or French is required.